Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Splintered

You saved me once, and now you are the sole reason for my current despair. A great valley has come between us leaving splintered ruins of our feelings. But you remain oblivious.

Your grip tightens and still, you don't utter a word. Alarms ring through my spine and set my teeth on edge. I'm throwing all that I can at you, but you simply choose not to hear. I so thought I knew.

Hanging onto what you drape over the cliff, half to save me, half to see me suffer. Why is this necessary? You still keep chipping away at the branches of this great tree. My screams get desperate. You want me in the dark when the storms arrive. You know me better than anyone.

But you drift... Then when we are alone, you wander through my soul and everything is okay. This has its toll on you too. Those eyes. Dropping perfect tears in this valley. You call my name to not give in. But really, to not give up. I'm so alone.

-For Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment